So fresh and flavorful, this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Chickpeas is simple and doesn’t involve heating up the kitchen. Made with bell peppers, fresh herbs, crisp cucumber, kalamata olives and cherry tomatoes, you’ll get a delicious blend of flavors in every bite!
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 15 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers
- ½ cup bell peppers, chopped (any color of your choice)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Cook 1 cup dry quinoa in 2 cups of water or veggie broth (for more flavor) and let cool.
- Add cooled, cooked quinoa into a large bowl. Add chopped cucumbers, peppers, olives, tomatoes, chickpeas and parsley into bowl and combine.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a blender or whisk together in a bowl. (I prefer using a blender to combine all the flavors together.)
- Pour all of the dressing into the quinoa bowl and mix well. Allow it to marinate in the refrigerator for about an hour or more to enhance the flavor.
Note: For an extra boost of flavor feel free to add 1/4 – 1/3 cup of feta cheese to this dish if you are not plant-based or vegan.
Elena Wilkie of La Quinta is a foodie at heart and health enthusiast. She focuses on creating real food recipes with simple ingredients that are gluten-free and deliciously healthy. She can be reached at [email protected] For more recipes, visit www.afoodiesbliss.com. Instagram and Pinterest @afoodiesbliss.