- 30 ounces of cooked cannellini beans (2 cans)
- 1 ½ cups of chopped kale (remove stems) you can also use spinach, Swiss chard or collard greens
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable stock (or chicken broth)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter/coconut manna
- ½ teaspoon fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- Maldon sea salt to taste and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil/avocado oil in a heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium heat.
- Add in the onion, let it sauté until it has become translucent, just beginning to brown.
- Add in garlic, and then cook it for a couple of minutes, stir in the coconut butter.
- Add in the herbs as the coconut butter melts. Combine the stock and lemon juice and add to the pot.
- Turn down the heat, put the lid on and let it cook down for another 15 minutes.
- Add in the white beans and chopped kale, continue to cook for another 5 minutes
- Your soup is now ready to serve.
Dipika is a Holistic Health & Lifestyle Coach who empowers clients to activate a balanced lifestyle of the mind, body and soul. She can be reached at [email protected]