Makes: 16 bites • Prep: 10 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups almond flour (168g)
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour (22g)
1/4 teaspoon turmeric (optional, creates yellow color)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Zest of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, softened or coconut oil, melted
- In a large bowl, whisk almond flour, coconut flour, turmeric, salt and poppy seeds.
- Add in maple syrup, lemon zest, lemon juice, almond extract and coconut butter. Stir to combine.
- Once the mixture forms a dough, scoop about 1/2 tablespoon or use a cookie scooper and roll into balls.
- Place in a glass storage container lined with parchment paper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Store in the fridge up to 3-4 weeks.
Elena Wilkie of La Quinta is a foodie at heart and health enthusiast. She focuses on creating real food recipes with simple ingredients that are gluten-free and deliciously healthy. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more recipes, visit www.afoodiesbliss.com. Instagram and Pinterest @afoodiesbliss