These incredibly moist and tasty marbled Pumpkin and Chocolate Mini Muffins are made with wholesome ingredients, naturally sweetened and gluten-free!
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free mini chocolate chips (can substitute Lily’s chocolate chips for a sugar-free option)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Then, lightly oil a mini muffin tin, use liners or a silicon mini muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients except the cacao powder and chocolate chips.
- Then, add half of the batter to another bowl. Add in the cacao powder, chocolate chips and combine.
- Add a small spoonful of each batter to the muffin tin. You can use a toothpick for a more swirled look. Add extra chocolate chips on top (optional).
- Bake for 25-26 minutes. Let cool before removing.
Tips on How to Marble the Mini Muffins:
Start by making one batter, then divide it evenly into two bowls and add the cacao powder and chocolate chips to one of the batters. Once you’ve done that, you can add a scoop of each batter to the muffin liners/tin. Next, use a toothpick/chopstick to swirl the batter just a few times. Don’t overdo it, or it will look messy. Before baking, don’t forget to top the muffins with a few mini chocolate chips if you want an extra pop of chocolaty goodness!
Elena Wilkie of La Quinta is a foodie at heart and health enthusiast. She focuses on creating real food recipes with simple ingredients that are gluten-free and deliciously healthy. She can be reached at [email protected] For more recipes, visit www.afoodiesbliss.com. Instagram and Pintrest @afoodiesbliss.