Need something simple to throw together for a holiday party? These guiltless little pleasures take less than 15 minutes and are sure to steal the show at any holiday gathering.
Rogers’ raw “brownie” bites are gluten-free, naturally sweetened and sprinkled with unsweetened coconut flakes to add that seasonal sentiment.
Makes 20-24 tasty morsels.
- 1 ½ cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup fresh dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Add the walnuts and salt to a blender or food processor. Mix until the walnuts are chopped.
- Add the dates, vanilla and cocoa powder to the blender and mix well until everything is combined.
- With the blender still running, add a couple drops of water at a time to make the mixture stick together in a thick dough.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, and using a spatula, form it into a big ball.
- Use your hands to shape round bites by rolling them in your palms and placing them directly onto your serving dish.
- Sprinkle with unsweetened coconut flakes and lightly roll balls around in it, leaving some on the plate for that dusting-of-snow appearance.
Bites will last in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Rogers’ and her cookbook, It’s A No Grainer, will be featured at the Coachella Health Festival on November 18. Come join us at this free event taking place at the Spotlight 29 Showroom from 10a-4p. Learn more at www.CoachellaHealthFest.com.