Shrimp Cauliflower Rice Stir-Fry
In keeping with my low-carb meal plan, I’d like to share my version of Shrimp Cauliflower Rice Stir-Fry. This meal is easy to make, full of flavor and great texture. In place of animal protein, you can also make this recipe with shitake mushrooms, tofu or just by cutting the additional veggies into larger pieces — your choice!
Serves 4 people
- 1 medium cauliflower, largely grated
- 3 carrots, small diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 pound wild-caught shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup of fresh garden peas
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 green onions, whites and greens separated
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce or Braggs Aminos
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- Salt to taste and white pepper (optional)
- Cilantro or basil for garnishing (optional)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Largely grate the cauliflower (or pulsate in a food processor).
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet or wok. Toss in the carrots and the whites of green onion and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and ginger paste and shrimp and sauté until the shrimp begin to turn pink, about 5–7 minutes.
- Add the peas, red peppers and cauliflower rice and mix until the cauliflower has warmed through.
- Move the contents of the pan to the side to create a well in the center. Pour in the eggs and slowly scrape the cooked bits off the bottom of the pan to scramble the eggs. Once the eggs are almost finished cooking, mix everything in the pan together.
- Season the mixture with white pepper and soy sauce. Give one last good mix to combine and serve with a garnish of sliced green onion, cilantro or basil and toasted sesame seeds.
Note: You can food process your cauliflower to make cauliflower rice, but I prefer grating as the texture gives a better overall flavor. Frozen garden peas will also do. Presoaking them will help remove the frozen flavor.
I can’t wait to hear from you. Let me know any personal touches you added to this dish!
Dipika is a holistic health and lifestyle coach who empowers clients to activate a balanced lifestyle of the mind, body and soul. She can be reached at email@example.com or www.loveyourlifehealthy.com.