This vegan delicacy, made with mushrooms disguised as scallops, will surprise and delight! It is easy to make at home or visit Wildest Restaurant + Bar where Chef Trilby will gladly prepare her gourmet version for you.
1/2 pound king oyster mushroom cut into scallop shaped rings and caps. Specialty mushrooms are available from Canyon Creek Mushroom Farm in Palm Desert.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 ounces Korean gochujang paste
- 2 ounces tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 2 ounces sweet mae ploy (sweet chili sauce)
- Mix all wet ingredients and the brown sugar together in a bowl and whisk until emulsified.
- Preheat a skillet until oil is lightly smoking and then drop in the mushrooms until they are browned.
- Add sauce to taste and serve with your favorite vegetable, rice, quinoa or beans for an excellent vegan dinner entrée.