These healthy breakfast egg muffins are easy, low carb and great for meal prep. Best part is they are gluten, dairy and grain-free. Perfect for just about any nutritional lifestyle!
- 9 eggs (or egg substitutes)
- 1 tablespoon oil (olive, avocado or coconut)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 1/4 cups chopped veggies (broccoli, spinach, swiss chard, tomato, bell pepper and/or mushrooms)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a 12-cup standard muffin tin, use liners or a silicone muffin pan.
- In a large pan, add 1 tablespoon of oil and sauté garlic for 1-2 minutes on medium heat. Add chopped veggies and sauté for another 5 minutes. (If short on time, use raw chopped veggies and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder instead).
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, then add in chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Add in cooked or raw veggies and mix well.
- Spoon into muffin pans. Cook on middle rack for 20-25 minutes, or until edges are golden and center is set.
- Serve warm or keep refrigerated in an airtight container for 2-3 days. Reheat leftovers if desired.
Elena Wilkie of La Quinta creates real food recipes with simple ingredients that are gluten-free and deliciously healthy. She can be reached at [email protected] For more recipes, visit www.afoodiesbliss.com. Instagram and Pinterest @afoodiesbliss.