This smooth, yet hearty, soup is easy to prepare, but will make you look like a super chef to those lucky enough to have some…and you thought you couldn’t cook!
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
What you’ll need:
- 1 medium butternut squash, or even better, pre-cut butternut squash (so much easier!)
- 2 baking potatoes, peeled and cut in chunks
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 medium celery stalks, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 32-ounce container low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
If using a whole squash, cut off and discard the top and bottom of the squash. Peel the squash with a vegetable peeler. Cut lengthwise in half; scoop out and discard the seeds. Cut the squash into 1-inch pieces.
Put squash, potatoes, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, and broth into a large sauce pot over medium-high heat; bring to a boil (about 10 minutes). Reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for about 35 minutes, gently stirring occasionally until all the vegetables are tender.
Using an immersion blender, blend vegetables until smooth. Season the soup with salt and pepper and ladle into individual bowls. Drizzle with olive oil (about ½ teaspoon each) and serve.
Enjoy! And happy New Year to all!