In June, HARC hosted the 4th Annual Coachella Valley Workplace Wellness Awards recognizing local businesses that prioritize employee health and wellness. The event took place at the Classic Club in Palm Desert and brought together a variety of organizations which recognize that having a healthy workforce is key to a healthy and thriving business.
Winners were announced and successes shared among all in attendance whose common goals contribute to building a healthier community.
Twenty-one local organizations applied for the awards this year, all providing extensive wellness programs for their employees. Applications were anonymized and then blind-judged by a panel of seven experts. Scores were averaged together to determine the winners and ensure fairness in the process.
HARC awarded four small organizations (1-100 employees) and four large organizations (101+ employees) in the following categories:
- Nutrition and Fitness
- Safety and Environment
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Grand Prize Winner
2019 Coachella Valley Workplace Wellness Awards were presented to:
Large Organization Awards:
- Grand Prize: Renova Energy
- Nutrition and Fitness: Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
- Safety and Environment: Palm Springs Unified School District
- Mental Health and Wellness: Desert AIDS Project
Small Organization Awards:
- Grand Prize: Loma Linda University Children’s Health – Indio
- Nutrition and Fitness: Lund & Guttry, LLP
- Safety and Environment: County of Riverside Emergency Management Department
- Mental Health and Wellness: Friends of the Palm Springs Animal Shelter
California State University, San Bernardino Professor of Psychology Mark Agars, PhD, delivered a keynote speech on the critical role of leaders in empowering their employees to live healthy and balanced lives, and NBC Palm Springs’ Janet Zappala served as Master of Ceremonies. The event was proudly sponsored by Desert Oasis Healthcare, Desert AIDS Project, Clinicas de Salud del Pueblo, and College of the Desert.
HARC, Inc. (Health Assessment and Research for Communities) is a nonprofit that advances quality of life by helping community leaders use objective research and analysis to turn data into action.