Most everyone knows the adage, “a picture is worth a thousand words.” If that’s the case, then what is a video worth? The value of video, when used in marketing efforts, can be worth a whole lot more, especially to your bottom line.
No matter what business you are in, videos should be a central component in all marketing and outreach efforts. The benefits include:
Builds trust: When a customer or potential customer sees a video, it gives them the opportunity to develop a connection, and it humanizes your brand.
Boosts brand engagement: Showcasing your product on video, whether it is tangible or a service, makes it easier to comprehend and captures people’s attention, more so than a still image. It also assists in search engine optimization, as the longer someone spends on your site, the higher it will rank.
Cost-effective: One video shoot can be edited for use in multiple marketing tactics including YouTube channels, social media outlets, and on your website, to name a few. It also works well across a variety of devices and screens, making it an easy medium for customers to consume.
When most people think about video marketing, they think social media, and for good reason. These channels offer the opportunity to “go viral” and have your content be seen by thousands and potentially millions of people. Videos are much more likely to go viral than a static image. Plus, social videos not only encourage more engagement with fans, they also have a longer shelf-life and can resurface months after first published.
While social media is an important component, video marketing goes way beyond that. Small businesses should get creative when thinking about video as part of an overall marketing strategy and consider blogs (vlogs) to stay relevant and become a go-to place for information; tutorials and product demonstrations to help explain how to use or do something; testimonials from customers to help add credibility to your business; and video advertising which can be targeted to your audience.
Video is a powerful tool and research proves it. According to WordStream by LOCALiQ:
- People watch an average of 16 hours of online video per week, which is a 52 percent increase in the last two years.
- Social video generates 1,200 percent more shares than text and image content combined.
- Viewers retain 95 percent of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10 percent when reading it in text.
- 96 percent of people have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
- 86 percent of people would like to see more video from brands.
- 64 percent of consumers make a purchase after watching branded social videos.
- Marketers who incorporate video into their campaigns experience 34 percent higher conversion rates.
Video marketing doesn’t have to be intimidating. When left to a professional it is an easy, cost-effective way to engage your customers and increase sales.
Isning Gamez is a professional videographer, producer and designer and can be reached at (760) 610.4106. For more information, visit www.isning.com.
Source: 1) https://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2017/03/08/video-marketing-statistics