How comfortable are you with receiving compliments, recognition, gifts, abundance, love? Do you sometimes feel that rejection is more comfortable than being accepted? Marianne Williams states, “Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.”
For many, the act of receiving is difficult, uncomfortable and unfamiliar. This fear can block one’s receptiveness and create negative feelings about being loved, expressing your ideas and feelings or accepting life’s many gifts in any form. These negative feelings can emanate from you out into the universe as “negative energy.”
We are all energy living in a vast energy field, and there is a positive energy frequency to receiving that is necessary for human evolution. As Michael Singer, author of The Untethered Soul puts it, “Energy doesn’t get old, it doesn’t get tired, and it doesn’t need food. What it needs is openness and receptivity.”
Here are a few reasons we may have blocked receptivity (and thus, blocked energy):
- A core belief that we are unworthy can be self-limiting. We learn what we live; if we were continually blamed, shamed and criticized while growing up, we begin to believe it is true. Living with these beliefs can make receiving and acceptance more frightening as it is unfamiliar.
- Stuffed emotions such as shame, guilt, anxiety or low self-esteem can create inner restriction and limit our receiving capacity.
- False beliefs about ourselves (we are not funny, intelligent, strong enough, etc.) can make us feel that we are not worthy of receiving from others who we may view as better than us.
- Past hurts and rejections can close down our receptivity. Opening our heart only to have it rejected creates reservation to ever do it again. We feel the past is a precedent for future pain, and the safer choice is to create avoidance or ambivalence.
Receiving positive energy in any form requires an open heart. “You have a wellspring of beautiful energy inside you,” Singer reminds us. “When you are open, you feel it; when you are a closed, you don’t.” Let’s first begin by opening our hearts to loving ourselves:
- Set the intention of being open and receptive to an abundance of blessings.
- Give yourself permission to receive.
- Commit to being kinder and gentler to yourself.
- Practice affirmations of self-love: I feel abundance. I feel blessed. I feel in the right place at the right time. I feel worthy. I feel success. I feel at ease. I feel ready. I feel the joy of receiving.
Changing behaviors starts with changing the energy of our thinking. Positive thoughts change our reality along with the energy we exude. Commit to opening your receptiveness and feel good about receiving. You deserve all the accolades and affection you can receive. Open your arms wide, welcoming in love and abundance. Greet it with gratitude and see how much more comes your way.
Tracy Smith is a certified energy life coach, rapid transformation hypnotherapist and energy and sound therapist with Blissful Release Now. She can be reached at (760) 409.9289 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information visit www.blissfulreleasenow.com.