Cream of Cashew Asparagus Soup
I am delighted to share my seasonal favorite soup for cleansing, for healing and for warm yummy goodness for spring. What I love about this recipe is that you can substitute any other vegetable you wish. Enjoy ~
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter or ghee (optional)
- 32 fl oz chicken or vegetable stock
- 7 oz fresh asparagus, cleaned and cut
- 4 oz cashew milk (or milk/cream of choice)
- ½ tsp guar gum (thickener)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Heat up a medium-sized saucepan on medium heat, add butter/ghee and onions and sauté until soft, add the garlic and sauté for minute.
- Add chopped asparagus and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add stock to the pan and put back on the stove.
- Gently simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix together cashew milk and guar gum in a small glass and set aside.
- Pour the cooked mixture into a blender, and blend on a medium- to high-speed, and gradually pour in the cashew milk mixture.
- Once all ingredients have blended to desired consistency, pour mixture back into your pot and reheat again before serving.
- Season to taste.
- Finish with finely chopped scallions and some homemade garlic croutons or fried crispy onions.
Dipika is a Holistic Health & Lifestyle Coach who empowers clients to activate a balanced lifestyle of the mind, body and soul. She can be reached at email@example.com or www.loveyourlifehealthy.com