Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies
These dairy-free, egg-free, and soy-free snacks are sure to delight vegan fans!
2 Tbsp. flax meal
½ cup water
½ cup EVO coconut oil
1 cup Zulka Morena sugar*
Option: coconut palm sugar
2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
2 cups unbleached flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder (aluminum-free)
¼ tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
*I recommend and use Zulka Morena sugar, an unrefined Non-GMO Project-verified pure cane sugar made by squeezing and evaporating the juice from freshly harvested sugar cane.
- First step is to create a flax gel by placing 2 Tablespoons of flax meal in 1/2 cup of water. Mix together and let sit 5-10 minutes to thicken. Preheat oven to 375.
- In a mixer bowl, blend together the EVO coconut oil, flax gel, 1 cup sugar, and nutritional yeast.
- Separately, sift together the unbleached flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Add to the mixer bowl ingredients and blend together into a dough.
- Next, create your coating by mixing 2 Tablespoons of sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Using a rounded teaspoon, create individual cookie balls about the size of a walnut and roll each in the cinnamon and sugar to coat.
- Place cookies on a greased cookie sheet or parchment paper on a pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Gayle Schwartz is a local baker who enjoys making healthy alternative desserts.
For more information, contact Gayle at firstname.lastname@example.org